A downloadable game for Windows
Are you a kid that wants to play with model trains?
Are you an adult that misses playing with your model trains as a kid?
Are you an adult that missed out on playing with model trains as a kid?
Are you an adult with a kid that wants to play with model trains?
Are you just an adult that wants to play with model trains?
Are you a person of any age/race/gender that wants to play with model trains?
If you answered yes to any of the above, do I have news for you because Locomancer lets you PLAY WITH AND RIDE MODEL TRAINS!
(Also if you answered no to all of the above, come on, we all know you're lying to yourself and everyone you love. Take a break from the wave shooters and play with some trains.)
Locomancer is a toy box style model train simulator for touch enabled SteamVR headsets. It allows you to build layouts of varying complexity and even defy what is physically possible in fake virtual reality (reality).
- Multiple locomotives including steam and diesel engines
- A variety of rail cars including a fully functional cannon car
- Straight track, curved track, inclined track, loop de loops, and more!
- Various pieces of scenery to add detail your layouts
Plus, with support for custom scenery, you can bring models created by yourself or the community into the game for even further customization. The possibilities are nearly endless*!
Fully embracing the physicality of touch enabled virtual reality you are legally required to build layouts piece by piece, tree by tree. Then, once complete you must remotely operate your trains with a replica DC control panel or hop in the cab of any of the available locomotives and drive them with physical levers, knobs, and dials! They even burst in to flames when they crash, you can't say that about your real model trains can you?
Oh...you can? I'd get that checked out if I were you.
So what are you waiting for? Become The Locomancer!
Yes, you are the Locomancer. Was that not clear? It's like a train wizard. You're like the babe with the power, but instead of voodoo it's train magic. Also, there's no magic dance, but you can still dance to twenty-six minutes of sweet big band jazz by Nathan Boler if you want to.
*The possibilities are totally endful, but there's still a lot you can do.
At first, I was like, "Meh, kind of cool concept, just needs a bit more development time." And then he went into first person mode, and I thought "I NEED THIS GAME RIGHT THE F*** NOW!" - Bennykill709
Trainspotting without the heroin - Hyper Magazine
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I love this game. I love this game so much.
My big request is for something like a garbage can in the corner of the room that I can throw unneeded tracks into. It would be functional and fun to try to make it in.
There used to be a garage can, but I removed it when I made the toolbox portable. A garbage can that automatically destroys objects is dangerous because it's difficult to know if the player actually wants the piece destroyed. I had a grinder on the bottom of the toolbox and it had the same problem .
This game is coming along nicely. Some simple requests, add an "undo/redo" feature when adding parts to the bench (I noticed in your latest video you tossed everything and started over, but you could have easily cleaned up those excess parts without destroying your existing layout.
Have a can of "paint" or "spray paint" available for people who want to make their walls a little more colorful or just leave something behind. Perhaps even allow for seasonal decoration, like tracks around trees, etc.
Can't wait for this to come out on Steam, beautiful work so far!
This is amazing. Allow me to list what I love:
- I LOVE that I can make the trains go so fast they fly off the rails.
- I LOVE causing collisions. Let's face it, that's what we always really wanted to do with our train sets.
- I LOVE that you can first person the trains.
- I LOVE that you can make them launch off the rails and do jumps.
- I LOVE the basic premise of this game!
Things I want in order of high priority to low priority:
- I need the ability to have more than one train controller. Let me just duplicate them like I can duplicate everything else?
- I want the ability to link cars behind the train engine.
- I want a track that is a ramp with the end of it is going up at a 30 or 45 degree angle with the proper connecting tracks for the other side, one which holds the angle and one which puts it back to a flat angle.
- I want to set the gravity (the low gravity is fun but I want to make it heavier.)
- I want a window out the front of the blue engine.
- Maybe the ability to have the train magnetize to the track so it can't fly off the rails no matter what gets in its way.
- I want the ability to re-center myself or move around the area so I can play from my seat without having to use the full play space to get around the table.
- Different tables?
- How about a chair? Plop the chair down and you can first person into it for an unobstructed view of the train set from the point of view of a tiny person on the table.
- Get rid of the "battery" thing. No need for perfect simulation here!
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like the game!
I already have plans for a bunch of this stuff.
I have an observation tower, it just isn't in the scene atm.
You can move the room around you by grabbing the table and holding the touchpad!